IMG_6502

Triple Squash Soup

7 cups Roasted Squash (I used butternut, pepper, and buttercup squash)

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

1 Onion Chopped

4 Cloves of Garlic Chopped

1-2 Tbsp Pepper Medley (I used a steakhouse and garlic blend)

5 cups Organic Chicken Stock

Optional {but highly recommended}:  Tzatziki Dip for garnish

Roast squash until scoopable and set aside to cool.

Heat oil and cook onion, garlic, and spices for about 5 minutes.

Scoop out flesh of the squash and mix.

Add broth and bring to a boil.

Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth.

Serve in a pretty bowl and garnish with ½ tbsp of Tzatziki if desired.

IMG_6499

Basic Farmhouse Crackers

{as seen in Mary Jane’s Farm Magazine}

1 ½ cups Flour

1 ½ tsp Cream of Tartar

¾ tsp Sea Salt

¾ tsp Baking Soda

¼ cup Olive Oil

½ cup Water

1 egg

2 tsp Sugar

1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar

¼ cup Sesame Seeds {I didn’t have any so skipped these}

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix first four ingredients together.

Add oil and stir until mixture resembles coarse meal.

Add any spices or flavouring you wish at this point {I added rosemary and parmesan cheese to one batch and garlic powder and oregano to another} or leave plain if you desire.

Add water and stir until dough forms.

In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, egg and sugar.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out very thin.

Brush with egg mixture.

Cut  into desired shapes and place on greased baking sheet.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness and size.

Allow to cool on cooling rack and serve.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted September 28, 2009 at 1:48 pm by Janet Ellenberger | Permalink

Thanks for the recipe, one less thing we now have to buy!
    Love Janet

2. Posted September 28, 2009 at 6:15 pm by Kristine | Permalink

I have been meaning to try those MaryJane cracker recipes, so I am curious about how they turned out for you. Are they crispy? Chewy? Tough? Yummy? They look very tasty and just right with the soup, by the way. Any comment or tips?

3. Posted September 28, 2009 at 8:33 pm by apples for poppy anne | Permalink

Next time I make them, I would roll them a bit thinner or bake them longer as I found the darker thinner ones more cracker-like…
    Hope that helps!

4. Posted September 28, 2009 at 8:37 pm by nicole | Permalink

I can’t wait to try those crackers.

5. Posted September 28, 2009 at 9:34 pm by Katy | Permalink

I have “make your own crackers” on my learn-to-do list! Thanks for sharing this– can’t wait! Also love the new background and the etsy store :)

6. Posted August 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm by Alex Saul | Permalink

I made these today and they were so delicious! I used flax seeds instead of the sesame and it worked out very well. Thank you for sharing this recipe- I will definitely make these again.

One Trackback

1. By Carrot, Turnip & Potato Soup | Gardening for Chumps on September 13, 2012 at 12:44 pm

[…] This soup is especially tasty when served with homemade Farmhouse Crackers, the recipe which can be found at Feather and Anchor. […]