A Perfectly Blustery Day

IMG_8460

It is a perfectly blustery day on this, the first snow storm of the winter.  I perfect day for Mike to work from home and create a simple informational website for my dad and step-mom's organic farm.  While he puttered at that, I finished Poppy's stocking made from an old wool blanket and fabric remnants for  a total cost of about 50 cents!  I then started knitting her pixie hat made from a most wonderful chocolate brown bamboo yarn.

The cats are blissed out upon the couches and chairs while the fire warms us all to the toes.  I can't help but wish we could keep our lovely tree all season long with her regal branches draped in oranges and cinnamon and a subtle pine scent dancing out in every direction.

Treedip
Thoughts and visions of a sustainable life and intentional farm community have been swirling within these walls of late and it is enlivening.  I am most inspired to see that this couple is living comfortably about 2 1/2 hours away in an Earthship they were able to build for $43,000.

More photos and details to come with regards to everything I have mentioned above, but for now I am drinking in the fading evening light and attempting to grasp just how amazing and perfect our life is right now…and the amazing plans to make it even more perfectly authentic.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 9, 2009 at 5:53 pm by rae | Permalink

so about 5 years ago chris and i went and toured this earthship because i’ve long wanted to build a tire house…it’s pretty incredible. i have a picture of this house framed in my house, to remind me every day to keep moving towards what i love.
    thanks for sharing this…

2. Posted December 9, 2009 at 6:56 pm by Annette | Permalink

Sending more wishes for nourished dreams, inspiration and continuing to create more beauty in your life- and thus ours! xoxo

3. Posted December 9, 2009 at 9:12 pm by Old Recipe for a New World | Permalink

The website for your folks’ farm is beautiful. I see your influence in the images :), and it is nice to have a taste of your husband’s work, too. A beautiful post, Erin.
    Kyce

4. Posted December 10, 2009 at 7:12 am by jessica | Permalink

Poppy’s stocking sounds so beautiful—these blustery days are perfect for creating!

5. Posted December 10, 2009 at 9:27 am by Glenn | Permalink

Oh you write so beautifully! Thanks for the earthship inspiration!

6. Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:33 am by Andrea Kidssweet | Permalink

I received my flower pendant in the mail just in time to wear it for a little holiday party we had to get some of the neighbors together. Many compliments!! Thank you so much.

7. Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:59 am by Ana | Permalink

Such a complete difference from when you were in school and panicking over not being able to find clients for teeth cleaning. It’s almost like you’re a whole other person, even though most of us could see this new you lurking under the surface the whole time. I’ve just loved watching you grow and make your dreams reality. I know I say this every time but I just feel so inspired every time I read you, to dream the same for myself and make it come true for my life also.
    It’s really true that just by “being yourself” and writing about your life, you can change the world, one person at a time.
    :-)