thirty five

Sunday35

annette::erin

annette:  An homage to the photo I was going to take on Sunday, but was taking an afternoon walk for exercise and didn't have the camera when the inspiration struck! I live by this Italian deli- and if you have not experienced an authentic Italian deli, you can't imagine the smells, the barbed banter, the music, the fare, yes, the oils and cheeses and the spectacle of it all. The photo above was taken at another store on a Saturday actually, but it's pretty similar to the one I would have liked to take from outside the deli window on my Sunday walk. I have pined many a time to take photos inside, but I might get beat up. :)

erin:  I think we have a night owl on our hands.  We would love it if she would mimic the babe in the picture above her head, but she would rather toss items behind the bed, squeal, jump and giggle at our feeble attempts to soothe her to sleep.  Le sigh.  Night bleeds into day as our nighttime gymnast dances the hours away.  What day is it anyway?

This entry was posted in earth's best sundays. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 14, 2010 at 11:18 am by JoAnn | Permalink

I have 5 night owls so I totally feel your *yawn* lack of sleep. On the flipside though mine will sleep later than most of my friends kids. 😉

2. Posted January 14, 2010 at 12:17 pm by Andrea Kidssweet | Permalink

Congratulation. It was nice to go back and read your last few posts in light of your news. Very sweet, such happy expectation. I envy you. Mine are 13 and 9, growing up so fast.

3. Posted January 14, 2010 at 2:54 pm by Kristine | Permalink

Just read your news, and I know I don’t know you really, but somehow I am not surprised : ) and admit, too, to feeling just a touch of envy ; ) (tho’ I have three beauties of my own with wonderful births to boot – my cup runnesth over!)
    …Wishing you a happy pregnancy and a much less eventful, though no less joyful birth. Blessings to you!! And I hope to hear news reports here at your site! Will you continue?
    K.
    p.s. ha! Do I know about nightowls! One thing about having more kids is an increase in perspective, something like, ‘this too shall pass’ – and strangely quickly too, at that.

4. Posted January 14, 2010 at 6:09 pm by deb | Permalink

But dang! Look at those yummy legs! Poppy Anne is growing so much…

5. Posted January 14, 2010 at 7:09 pm by Annette | Permalink

I love how real this post is! You’re mad with sleep deprivation, and my life has been such chaos that I couldn’t even take a picture on a damn Sunday. We still rock, though. :)

6. Posted January 15, 2010 at 12:33 am by allison | Permalink

Erin you made me laugh! My god we have all been there with our monkeys. Ever sat and stared at your child chanting “sleep, sleep!” like some kind of jedi knight trick? LOL!