yard sales, a new nephew & market preparpation

It has been a busy and surprisingly productive weekend.
The three of us awoke early on an overcast Saturday and decided to head out for some spontaneous yard sale-ing.
Mike, who usually tolerates my quest for old “junk” on  good day found himself quite taken with the thrill of the hunt and developed keen reflexes for all neon and hand drawn signs directing our way.
I am most excited about the perfect old folding screen {75 cents} I can easily use for an earring and pendant display and a well worn clock {1 dollar}
Mike was most excited about the brand new baby gate we found {5 dollars}, and a new Bathroom Reader {50 cents}
I think Poppy was most excited about the haystack cookies they were selling for Haiti and the many smiles she collected along the way.
*****
We came home to find out that my step-sister was in labour and later in the afternoon, gave birth to baby Oliver.
I don’t have pictures yet, but we will be making the trip out to see them next weekend and can’t wait to meet the little soul.
I am inspired by her positive and natural experience to re-visit the VBAC route I have been in fearful denial about.
Also thinking I may take Miss Fawn up on having a doula-in-training with us this time.
I felt so unsupported by my midwife last time and hope this time will be better.
*****
I have been in a frustrating little lull of waiting for market supplies ordered online to start showing up so I can begin creating again.
I finally got my hands on some new beads and earring hooks and made 30 pairs since last night.
*****
For supper, I am dreaming of corn on the cob, potato salad and bbq’d organic burgers.
Yum.

go gently & be wonderful
This entry was posted in celebration, family. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 16, 2010 at 3:31 pm by Crystal | Permalink

I'm a bargin hunter as well,however, I like auctions. Something about bidding that gets my adrenaline pumping! Nice finds. I'm hunting for an old armoir to refinish! I $100 fake wood bought at Staples computer desk!

2. Posted May 16, 2010 at 10:17 pm by ecoMILF | Permalink

Amazing finds and congratulations on that little bundle of joy. Hope your sister is recovering well and they are having a magical time together. xo m.

3. Posted May 16, 2010 at 11:39 pm by Desiree Fawn | Permalink

Oh neat — that screen is perfect ^_^

I too just blogged about a lovely thrifty find!

4. Posted May 17, 2010 at 11:04 am by *~Toni~* | Permalink

Beautiful earrings! Yay for good finds and Double YAY for babies! :)

5. Posted May 17, 2010 at 2:31 pm by Monked & Fifed | Permalink

Ooooh, thrifting! I wish my "weekend tour" had brought such good finds my way!! What fun!

And congrats on being an Auntie! And that is so wonderful about the VBAC!!! I had one with my last sweetest pea after a c-sec with my 2nd…it was AMAZING…actually, better than my first natural delivery! I'm always so happy to hear when people have such a positive experience!
    Happy Monday to you!
    ~a.

6. Posted May 20, 2010 at 3:01 pm by Lindsey Alyce | Permalink

BBQ Burgers and corn on the cob? You are making me hungry! Your yard sale finds sound great! We have been having no luck in that arena thus far this year (my husband is an avid rummage saler).