little boys + bow ties

More adventures in simple sewing brought me to this retro bow tie pattern for little boys.  It was the simplest thing to cut, sew and put together, but I found you do have to hold your mouth just right when tying it up.  But after a few choice words and about 13 attempts I did finally get it just right.

Now anyone who knows me, knows I am a firm believer in the bow tie revolution (as well as the tutu revolution, but that is another story for another day).  In order to do my part in supporting said revolution I will happily be selling these sweet things in my etsy shop in two sizes.

This entry was posted in craft, recipes, tutorials + DIY. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm by Lenetté | Permalink

Are they clip-on? It's not safe to have something tied around a child's neck. If it's not a clip-on, you could alter it to be so.

2. Posted February 7, 2011 at 2:26 pm by apples with honey | Permalink

It is elastic with a velcro closure…I actually wanted the clip on type and thought I could alter this, but not with the way this is made…perhaps I will modify or look for another pattern.

3. Posted February 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm by Anonymous | Permalink

It reminds me of Dad, who always preferred a bow tie!
    Take care
    Love Janet

4. Posted February 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm by Desiree Fawn | Permalink

Adorable! And he looks SO much like Poppy!

5. Posted February 8, 2011 at 3:54 am by Sara Savel | Permalink

just adorable.

6. Posted February 9, 2011 at 3:09 pm by Kelly | Permalink

So cute! Bow ties are amazing! Dave really wants to get some. Gideon would be so adorable in one too!

7. Posted February 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm by Anonymous | Permalink

Please post a link for your Etsy shop!