thrifty joy

::  large vintage quilt  $2.00::
:: wooden bowls $1.49 each ::
I am a simple woman with simple pleasures.
I am also an inefficient sewer and an even less productive knitter so it thrills me when I find brand new or lightly used handmade items for a song at our local thrift shops.
No one seems to value these crafts anymore.
I have been searching for wooden bowls and utensils online for months now, but just couldn’t justify the price tag (not that the items aren’t worth it).  I was quite pleased to find these beautiful, made in Canada, wooden bowls for $1.49 each.  A perfect, toddler proof plastic alternative!
Oh, and this quilt.
I have been wanting a wonderfully worn patchwork quilt for years now.  One made out of practicality rather than beauty.  I couldn’t believe my luck when I stumbled upon this $2.00 beauty at the Salvation Army this morning.
It’s the small triumphs that make this girl happy.

This entry was posted in frugal living, life. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 14, 2011 at 3:43 pm by Jamie Cafissi | Permalink

Beautiful finds! I have been wanting such a quilt as well. I am also on the hunt for a pastry/bread board for the counter as well.

2. Posted February 14, 2011 at 4:57 pm by julia | Permalink

Total scores! Good for you.

3. Posted February 14, 2011 at 5:20 pm by Katy | Permalink

So jealous of the quilt! I'm always on the lookout for those soft treasures :)

4. Posted February 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm by Desiree Fawn | Permalink

Wow! Great finds!!

5. Posted February 14, 2011 at 11:17 pm by Kelly | Permalink

Great job! I got some wooden bowls at a garage sale once, I love finds like that!

6. Posted February 15, 2011 at 1:36 am by Johanna | Permalink

awesome finds! i've been looking for wooden bowls lately too.

7. Posted February 15, 2011 at 10:54 am by Kory | Permalink

Yum! Those are just the kinds of things I look for too, when I go. I was excited to get two wool blankets for $18 the other day, but that quilt for $2? Total steal!

8. Posted February 16, 2011 at 8:54 pm by Ash | Permalink

Wow! such awesome finds!! I have to say… thrifting is one of my favorite things to do on days off!! Lately I seem to have a thing for vintage aprons. Every time I see one, I have to pick it up!!

9. Posted February 18, 2011 at 6:53 am by JoAnn | Permalink

I love thrift store finds! :) What great deals you found. Oh and I love your previous valentine post. Have a great weekend!

10. Posted February 24, 2011 at 5:26 pm by alyssa spring | Permalink

SO beautiful…I found a wood bowl like one of those at a local thrift store too….wish i would have found a whole set!!!