See you on the other side…

Hello all.
I have been the world’s worst blogger of late.

We sold our house!  We bought and move into our cabin in the woods this Friday.  It has been a long and mentally exhausting journey since we listed our house on January 13th.  Life has been in a sort of limbo state in the first half of 2011 and I am looking forward to the dust settling.

We have lots to do before any dust settles though.  Rip up ugly old carpet, cover the electrical work in the 103 year old part of the home, paint floors, walls and cupboards, build a vegetable garden, build a chicken coop and get some chickens, put up a clothesline, patch the fence, convert a cupboard into a rabbit hutch, unpack, and organize all in time for the Doors Open Ontario event in which the house will be on June 11th and 12th all while caring for and entertaining two spirited little ones.  Lofty goals I tell you, but all of our best goals have been nothing if not lofty.

After that I am looking forward to berry picking, blossom sniffing, woodland exploration, gardening, chicken and rabbit tending, baking, campfiring, preserving, bubble blowing, laundry hanging, kitchen and moon dancing, tea sipping, flower picking, sunning, and getting well acquainted with the good country life with three of my very favourite people.

Until then…

This entry was posted in celebration, family, homesteading, our cabin, photography + writing. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted May 17, 2011 at 7:22 am by Melissa Bothwell-Inglis | Permalink

Yipppeeee! And.. thank you.. for posting ;o)
    I am stoked for you guys, and what sounds like a wonderful dream home come true. Eager to come check it out in the future.
    Good luck… one day at a time I guess eh?
    hugs xo

2. Posted May 17, 2011 at 8:11 am by Brittany | Permalink

it sounds like it will be totally worth it in the end. good luck with everything! <3

3. Posted May 17, 2011 at 10:19 am by Susan | Permalink

OMG… how exciting! So happy for you guys to be fulfilling a dream! I am looking forward to living vicariously through your posts on your new home and environment. Your kids are going to have such an amazing childhood.. congratulations!

4. Posted May 17, 2011 at 1:29 pm by Jennifer | Permalink

having just found this beautiful place of yours online, i am excited to see how your new physical residence turns out.

good luck with that list….and congratulations on your little cabin in the woods!

5. Posted May 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm by Mama Minou | Permalink

Congratulations! How exciting! Step by step, step by step, to reach those lofty goals. That, and priorities. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful blog once you're resettled.

6. Posted May 18, 2011 at 6:18 am by rebecca | Permalink

Best of luck with your move! sounds like lots of great stuff!

7. Posted May 18, 2011 at 12:58 pm by Kate | Permalink

AHHHHHH, I'm so excited to hear your news!!!
    Congratulations, and I can't wait to see snipits of your new found country life in this lovely little space. Be patient with yourself and the process, it might be a little while before you arrive at the blossom sniffing and moon dancing.
    Yay for you!!!!

8. Posted May 24, 2011 at 7:59 am by Ana | Permalink

So happy for you :)

9. Posted May 24, 2011 at 7:02 pm by heather | Permalink

this made me feel so so good. i want to revel in some lofty goals now. i am so so happy. please let me know how it's going!!!

10. Posted June 1, 2011 at 1:31 am by Maggie May | Permalink

Hello, new here. Your post below, good things..the photos of the horse gave me shivers of beauty. I have always loved horses with all my girl heart, and that first image reminds me of one of my favorite horse books as a little girl about a little foal. The Littlest Fellow