wash away my sins

Heat Wave.
Cranky kids + Mama.
Cabin Fever.
Boredom.
Messes upon messes.
Frustration.

All of it washed away as I glide into the cool water of Gooderham Lake.  My scalp thrills as the water makes its way through hot tangled curls.  My body made heavy by pregnancy, time, and comfort is new and blurred just under the surface and, for a moment, I forget to hate myself.  Cool and quiet, I try to remember the last time I actually swam.
Wet skin, goosebumps in the heat, Mumford + Sons roaring, and milkshakes wash the day’s sins away and I can begin again.

Milkshake Recipe

Kawartha Dairy Ice Cream
Kawartha Dairy Milk
Organic Strawberry Jam
Frozen Organic Strawberries

*No measuring required, just make it as big or as small and as thick or as runny as your little heart desires.

1.  Blend.
2.  Pour into Mason jar.
3.  Insert pretty straw.
4.  Enjoy.

This entry was posted in family, life, photography + writing, recipes, tutorials + DIY. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted July 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm by Lynnette | Permalink

such an awesome video! My husband and I both enjoy their songs.Thanks for sharing it.

2. Posted July 20, 2011 at 11:41 pm by Nutmeg | Permalink

I am utterly convinced that there is nothing more healing than swimming. I wrote pretty much the same blog the other day. Funny. And please don't hate yourself.

3. Posted July 21, 2011 at 7:30 am by The Knitty Gritty Homestead | Permalink

I JUST told my sister that I haven't gone swimming yet this year because I'm too self-conscious in a bathing suit (post three pregnanacies, coffee with cream…) This post SO captured what we're experiencing here in this heat…too sluggish to clean up messes, too hot to cook, everyone's sticky and cranky…blah! We're going to the beach today and I'm going in.

4. Posted July 21, 2011 at 8:02 am by Jen | Permalink

Lovely :) I can relate all too well to the heat, frustration and cabin fever this week.

5. Posted July 21, 2011 at 8:20 am by B. | Permalink

lovely..i understand the sentence about forgetting to hate yourself. (though i hope that you truly DON'T hate yourself.) would you believe i haven't been swimming yet this summer? this must be remedied soon.

6. Posted July 21, 2011 at 9:20 am by jamie | Permalink

I am there with you on the hate and frustration. I love my pregnant body and then the moment I give birth I hate my postpartum body. We would never let others tell us the things we tell ourselves. Why do we let ourselves?

7. Posted July 21, 2011 at 2:59 pm by Karen | Permalink

Ummm, Kawartha Dairy ice cream! Is there any better?