ketchup.

I get lost when I let my writing lapse.
I miss having the record of our days.
I forget how to inspire myself.
Right now…
I have much to do, but can’t seem to find the space or time.
We are following a wheat free diet and enjoy eating even more made from scratch food.
Two months after breaking ground, the chicken coop is finally complete and home to 6 happy, organic chickens from Ellenberger Organic Farm.
We lost a giant pine beside the house.
In her honour, we have begun laying cardboard and leaves for a new garden where her branches once cast shade.
Silas is sleeping through the night and weaned.
I have been wearing sweatpants far too often and washing my hair not often enough.
I moved my “studio” into the loft and the kid’s playroom into the room off the kitchen.
I have yet to organize it, but when I do it will be great.
I made some super simple laundry detergent and love it. {will share recipe soon}
Trying to eradicate the annual flea frenzy with vacuuming, bathing pets and diatomaceous earth because I got scammed by True North Pets.com for $150 of non existent flea meds.  300 bites later{they only bite me}and still no resolution.
Glad to have nothing standing between me and the Christmas Season.
Thinking and talking about what we would name a third child should we decide to have one after thinking we were ready to stop at two…I plead insanity and amnesia.
Feeling a little restless and buried, yet still grateful for the amazing life I have been given to live.  Just need to pull out of the fog of strewn about toys, put another load of laundry on, and keep moving forward.
This entry was posted in family, life. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 3, 2011 at 11:10 am by Melissa Bothwell-Inglis | Permalink

yippee.. would love to see your writings. your heart. your sweet family more again.. so keep blogging beautiful mama! ;o) Thanks for singing to my soul with Iron&Wine, always love them.
    xo
    Mel
    needle and nest design

2. Posted November 3, 2011 at 11:33 am by aemmeleia | Permalink

it can be hard to cut through the mama-fog and find your own inspiration… I know I struggle with that constantly…

Thanks for the updates, when and however you make them. You're both a commiseration (I'm not the only one!) and an inspiration (you're doing so much!)

3. Posted November 3, 2011 at 11:48 am by Danielle | Permalink

Pretty sure I could have written this post myself. Mothering experiences (and challenges) are so similar and I suppose that is very comforting.

4. Posted November 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm by Nutmeg | Permalink

I love you. Plus I have been thinking about the practice of Ahimsa a lot lately- and just letting the moment be what it is without judging it. Letting is be, pass by, living without resisting. And I love you.

5. Posted November 22, 2011 at 11:53 am by Anonymous | Permalink

I placed an order of Flea and Tick products from TrueNorthPets.com as well. Received nothing after one month. Sent them emails and no answer. Called their 1-800 and no one answered. Scam for sure. Just want to let other people know.

6. Posted March 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm by Anya | Permalink

Oh how I wish I had seen your post sooner. $100+ dollars to True North Pets – no replies to emails, cannot get through on the phone. I never get taken in by scammers – I am always so careful. So – now, on top of a huge vet bill for my sick kitty, I have this, and still no flea meds. :(

• Posted March 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm by erin | Permalink

Stay calm! Our order did end up showing up AFTER we got a refund through VISA.
      It took over 40 days to arrive and came from Australia.
      Never did return our calls or emails though.
      Call your credit card company if it doesn’t show. They should give you some protection there.
      Hope it arrives soon…that being said, we used it for three months and still have fleas.