earth’s best sundays dipped in saturday

This entry was posted in earth's best sundays. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 29, 2012 at 7:49 pm by Andrew von Zuben | Permalink

Mike,

How is ‘Mike Industries’ doing.
    Looks like an overtime weekend!

• Posted January 29, 2012 at 7:57 pm by erin | Permalink

Ha!
      I think you mean “ELLENBERGER-March Industries”! I am pretty sure if it were left to “Mike Industries” we would be living with nasty orange carpet for all eternity. I actually don’t think he realized we had carpet until I told him.
      Just saying 😉

2. Posted January 29, 2012 at 8:21 pm by Ana | Permalink

Wow you guys got a lot of snow up there! More than we got here anyway. Barely a centimeter.

3. Posted January 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm by Andrew von Zuben | Permalink

Still, I bet that guy with the shovel is feeling pretty tired right now.

4. Posted January 30, 2012 at 6:52 am by Jules | Permalink

Looks like a super sweet weekend, my dear.

XO, Jules

5. Posted January 30, 2012 at 11:17 am by Joan | Permalink

Your photos are just wonderful! We are missing snow this winter here in central Illinois but it looks like a wintry and cozy time in your neck of the woods. Love those quilts on the rack in the corner and your new floor, yay!

6. Posted January 30, 2012 at 4:08 pm by Ginny | Permalink

Erin, our dryer is out of commission leaving me to dry our cloth diapers on racks by the fire as well. How do you deal with the crunchiness? Is there any way to soften them up? They are so scratchy that I can’t imagine putting them on Silas!

• Posted January 30, 2012 at 6:55 pm by erin | Permalink

I use a homemade detergent of borax, washing soda, soap flakes and baking soda (recipe found in my tutorials if you’re needing one…it works better than anything I have ever tried especially for smelly stuff). I was using vinegar as a softener, but the bum genius say not to add vinegar or baking soda for some reason…I think it should be fine for other cloth diapers depending on the type you use.
      The insert is a bit crunchy, but it is tucked away inside the pocket so it doesn’t really matter.
      Not sure I helped you, but that is what I do :)

7. Posted January 31, 2012 at 8:33 pm by Mycelium | Permalink

Great shots! I particularly like the last two. Nice little home!!

8. Posted February 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm by Kyce | Permalink

Your photos of place and family are stunning. Please keep me swimming in this beauty!