earth’s best sundays

organic eggs + sausage

coffee

classic country

a warm egg

movies

cleaving splits (a much more poetic way to say ‘splitting kindling’)

long naps in a sea of quilts

poppy, her mismatched socks, and a potato masher (which she insisted was a fly swatter)

a big new freezer full of organic, grass fed beef (oh my, what a blessing!)

an over-sized cardboard box in the snowbank  (also known as a fishing boat rocking on the sea)

unclogged drains

clean laundry

three planks closer to finishing that pine floor in the hallway

remembering the joy and warmth of doubled up wool socks + longjohns

crazy chicken love

two more crocheted hearts

another weekend gone too soon

This entry was posted in earth's best sundays and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 12, 2012 at 11:43 pm by KC | Permalink

That quilt your son is under is really stunning. The potato masher is curious as well. Thanks for sharing!

• Posted February 13, 2012 at 11:00 am by erin | Permalink

Ha, yes. Curious indeed.
      I made the one he is under last Christmas so thank you :)

2. Posted February 13, 2012 at 12:45 am by sarah | Permalink

simply beautiful … as always.

3. Posted February 13, 2012 at 5:40 am by Heather | Permalink

I love those quilts! I need to learn how to make one, I think my babes would really enjoy having one to cuddle up in.

• Posted February 13, 2012 at 10:58 am by erin | Permalink

I made them one each for Christmas last year. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.
      Good luck!

4. Posted February 13, 2012 at 7:00 am by teresa c | Permalink

Lovely quilts, did you made them yourself? Sewing was one of my goals for this year, but I haven’t started yet…
    I love the photo of your son sleeping. He seems to have the same age of my son (16 1/2 months)! :)

• Posted February 13, 2012 at 10:57 am by erin | Permalink

Thanks! The one covering him is one of two I made for them last Christmas and the one behind him is one I found at the local Sally Ann for $2! I would love to sew more, but it is tricky with so many other things pulling at you. Someday I will do more. I hope you find some time to do it as well.
      Pretty close in age! He is 17 1/2 months!

• Posted February 13, 2012 at 11:33 am by teresa c | Permalink

Oh, I know what you mean, there’s always somany things needing attention one has to balance our goals! So I’ll keep in mind the sewing but I won’t miss an opportunity to learn other things (like preserving food – I’ve made my first canning batch a few days ago, or making my own body care products – I’m really near to getting all the ingredients for some of your recipes!) I guess that sometimes I just need to adjust my goals :)

• Posted February 14, 2012 at 10:51 am by erin | Permalink

So exciting! I hope you have fun and success!

5. Posted February 13, 2012 at 8:26 am by swanski | Permalink

What a lovely list of bests!!