earth’s best sundays

eggs + salsa

coffee {always coffee on the weekends}

more splits cleaved and piled

sunning in the snow with the chickens

a scale who tells falsehoods

pina colada ice pop from Ice Pop Joy {more on that later}

tasty homemade organic burgers

makeshift moccasins {I am in need of some real ones)

mopped floor {long overdue}

a hot bath

a long family day weekend

Remembering where we were three years ago tonight; anxiously waiting to welcome our Poppy Anne Bird into the world.

This entry was posted in earth's best sundays and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm by Jenn | Permalink

Omg, that’s awesome, I am SO glad I’m not the only one who does that with thick socks and flip flops!!! I got out to feed the chickens like that (sans snow ofcourse). Looks like an awesome Family Day weekend!

• Posted February 19, 2012 at 7:44 pm by erin | Permalink

Glad I am not alone also 😉
      Happy Family Day!

2. Posted February 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm by kira | Permalink

i was at Whetung gallery at Curve Lake and they had amazing moccasins!
    i am going back with the kids.
    cheers

• Posted February 21, 2012 at 11:51 am by erin | Permalink

Gah! I have been wanting to go there for ages for them! What are their prices like?
      I found a sweet pair ankle high with gum sole at Soft Moc for $60 to $80. All my slippers fall apart after a month so I would like to invest in a good pair for once!

3. Posted February 20, 2012 at 12:10 am by KC | Permalink

I do the socks and flip flops too! I need to make myself a pair of slippers. Though now it’s getting warm enough that it won’t be necessary!

• Posted February 21, 2012 at 10:04 am by erin | Permalink

It will be a while before it is warm enough to stop, but the sun is definitely getting friendlier these days 😉

4. Posted February 20, 2012 at 8:39 am by Michelle | Permalink

I love your flipflop/sock combination. Very inventive. Erin your photography is very lovely. Would you believe we don’t have any snow in our part of Saskatchewan? Some is forecast for later in the week and I sure hope we get it. We haven’t used our snowshoes once this winter. Happy Family Day to you too.

• Posted February 21, 2012 at 10:03 am by erin | Permalink

Ha! Thank you! I hope you get your snow. We need to invest in some snowshoes so we can do more winter exploring with the kids.
      Thanks so much for writing.