saved

Winter and cabin fever is hardening my heart.

I am trying not to let it, but it is a hard battle this year.

Today was shaping up to be a long one.

Then I found this video in SouleMama’s space.

And that is why she is SouleMama.

She reminds us to look at the bigger picture when we have our blinders on.

She is light + loveliness when we can’t be light + loveliness for ourselves.

This changed the course of my day.

Take this weary heart and make it forever grateful.

This entry was posted in life, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 5, 2012 at 10:08 am by Michelle | Permalink

I hope your day goes well for you Erin. I am glad you found that video.

2. Posted March 5, 2012 at 10:54 am by Misty Pratt | Permalink

These past two weeks I’ve had a really hard time feeling grateful…I’m hating this time of year, and I’m so sick of the snow/cold. Thanks for sharing this – I need to stay focused on being present and knowing that sunshine will come in its own time :)

3. Posted March 5, 2012 at 11:57 am by Stephanie K. | Permalink

I usually find this time of year much harder than this one has been. I think it’s because I have three kids who can put their own boots on, and just need me to start their zippers! I’m serious…dressing kids for winter is enough to make the most patient mama crazy by March…hang on; Spring is right around the corner (one of our favourite Arnold Lobel books is “Frog and Toad All Year Round”…)

4. Posted March 5, 2012 at 12:28 pm by JC | Permalink

Erin, I’m sure I speak for many others when I say that you are just as inspiring as Soulemama. Yesterday’s post was so honest and open. Thank you for doing what *you* do.

• Posted March 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm by erin | Permalink

Wow. Thank you.
      Warmly,

• Posted March 6, 2012 at 5:15 am by teresa c | Permalink

I totally agree. And thank you for pointing out that talk, I watched last night as a batch of honey orange slices was processing in the stove and it made me want to appreciate my days in a more intense way. Still working on that though…

5. Posted March 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm by Margie | Permalink

This was really beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

6. Posted March 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm by nicole i | Permalink

oh so lovely.

7. Posted March 6, 2012 at 12:17 am by Mandy | Permalink

Erin,
    Thank you for your honest and heartfelt posts. Sometimes it feels as though there is 90% crap, 10% joy in mothering. Well, maybe 10% is an overstatement on the bad days. We have had alot of those bad days lately as well, but then, as you know, some of them just “click” and it makes it all worth it again. Here is a great post on fortitude, I like ot re-read this on those 10% days.
    and if you havent already read this, I recomment Alfie Kohn’s Unconditional Parenting. It grounds me sometimes as well.
    Cheers! Warmer brighter days are right around the corner, and just think, then it will be mud pie messes and up until late! Ha!

8. Posted March 6, 2012 at 1:28 am by KC | Permalink

I just saw that video via soulemama as well this morning. So beautiful. I found the part where the old man said we should look at things as if we’ve never seen them before very poinient.

I agree with JC by the way. You ARE an incredible inspiration!