you need to watch this

You need to watch this.

Yes, it’s 30 minutes and it is the furthest thing from a waste of time.

We need to forget our first world problems and think bigger.

We are sitting on incredible power that could change this world and the reality of others.

Now move.

Do something.

Make a difference.

Be inspired.

Get passionate.

Take action.

What would you do if it was your children, in your community?

Now, let us bring this mother fucking monster to his knees.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm by Laura Jeanne | Permalink

Thank you, Erin. I had never even heard of this man before. How wonderful that modern technology can allow us all to share information about what is happening all over the world, even if the media doesn’t think it’s important enough to let us know.

2. Posted March 8, 2012 at 12:23 am by Stephinie | Permalink

This is heartbreaking. And beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

3. Posted March 8, 2012 at 8:56 am by Laura | Permalink

http://thedailywh.at/2012/03/07/on-kony-2012-2/. Please read this as well to see where your help can make the most effort. Good list of agencies included that are preferable to just sending funds to these film makers. You have a big heart keep it pumping!

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 8:59 am by erin | Permalink

Thank you.
      We’ve read the flip side too, but I feel that awareness is the first step in movement and this video is a moving eye opener.
      We’ve written a letter to our local MP and are looking for other ways to help.
      Thanks for the link :)

4. Posted March 8, 2012 at 10:13 am by Nicole N | Permalink

A year ago I read A Long Way Gone: Diary of a Boy Soilder. As a Mother it shook me to my core to learn about what these children and parents must go through. Living in North American it is hard to imagine such evil exists in the world. Thank you for bringing the Kory Movement to light, I had no idea of its exsistance. It feels wonderful to know people are joining forces to take action; action that could actually create change.

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 10:34 am by erin | Permalink

Thank you.
      I found it to be an amazing video regardless of the negative press they are getting.
      You don’t have to give money to the “film makers” as people are calling them as though it is a negative thing to get a message out by way of their work and art.
      It is frightening how complacent and unaware we are. Myself included.
      Warmly,

5. Posted March 8, 2012 at 10:16 am by Susan | Permalink

Yes the message is great, but the group Invisible Children is a scam. They’re being investigated by the BBB and won’t give up their financial records. They’re film makers, not socialists.
    They want people to participate in paint the town on 4/20 – hmmmm?
    Kony who I agree is an evil man, is not even in Uganda right now has been in hiding for the last 6 years.
    Invisible children (peace loving group??) are hoping to have the gov’t send in the army – not very peaceful!
    Beware before you give to this group – look for something much more secure!!

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 10:31 am by erin | Permalink

As I mentioned in another comment, my husband and I have read all the controversy, but it comes down to awareness about the issue.
      If this film does nothing but inform and motivate people, then it has done good and noble work in my opinion.
      That being said, we have not given money to this particular organization, but we have written a letter to our MP and are looking for other ways to raise awareness.
      Watch it, become inspired and aware of the shit happening in our world and then do something.
      That was my message.
      P.S. 4/20? Really? People still get up in arms about that?

6. Posted March 8, 2012 at 10:33 am by Munkey | Permalink

For all the naysaying going on about IC’s motives, fundraising, etc their video has been seen by 20 million people and has generated much converstaion and attention to this issue. I dont think anyone believes that capturing one man is going to allievate Uganda of its myriad of complex issues. However capturing Kony, Otti, and disbanding the LRA, even if they are not as active as they once were, is going to show the World and other madmen that there is no statue of limitations on these types of crimes. Give to IC, give to War Child, or write your MP. The core message of the video is awareness, and I think thats been achieved

7. Posted March 8, 2012 at 7:47 pm by Amberlea | Permalink

Just watched it, and Erin, thank you. This needs to be watched, and I think it’s a phenomenal campaign. I too read “Memoirs of a boy soldier” about similar situations in Sierra Leone, and think it’s required reading for everyone.

The requests for Kony 2012 kits seem to be overwhelming, but there’s a free downloadable kit on the website, and I’m going to print a bunch of posters at work and post them on April 20th. If we can move people from dismissive apathy to action, then job well done, IC. People need to be shaken out of their comfortable complacency and criticisms and get active.

• Posted March 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm by erin | Permalink

Thank you Amberlea!
      I am, quite frankly, annoyed by all the naysayers. It is ridiculous. The campaign is coming from a genuine promise he made to a friend. They are doing noble work and if nothing else it has brought attention to many issues.
      That is great to know about the action kits!
      I adore you.