in print!

A few days ago, I received my advance copy of Artful Blogging.  You see, the Feather + Anchor blog has been featured within its beauty-filled pages.  I must admit, I feel a bit out of my league mingling with all those pretty pictures and artful women, but honoured and excited nonetheless!  It is a big first for me to see my own words and photos in print (even if they did spell my name wrong).   So if you found your way to me through the magazine, I extend a warm welcome to you!

It is a bit funny that my article is about finding my balance with writing and motherhood.  Funny because I find myself digging my way out of the imbalance fog yet again.  Between the  great daycare adventure and the regular, everyday stuff, I have been feeling bogged down and unproductive.  Blogging has fallen to the bottom of the priority list and I miss it terribly.

That being said, we have begun waking early to exercise, eat, and sip coffee together in the silent mornings.  I used to hate mornings, but find myself making quick friends with the rising sun and setting my intentions for the day.  It is the only alone time my husband and I really get these days.

We are in an intense and overwhelming phase of our lives right now; raising two little ones, building our life and home in the country, struggling to pay the bills, keeping it all clean and together, wishing we could do more, carving out time for the couple we were before children.

This morning is foggy and grey after a night of much needed rain.  There are two crows swooping and soaring past my window.  My muscles are sore in the best sort of way.  One child is playing with a screwdriver while the other runs laps around the couch.  Yes, my very favourite sort of day; a day for warm tea, pages of Harry Potter, comfy jammies, and decadent movie watching {alright alright, if you must know, I will probably scrub the toilets as well}.

This entry was posted in celebration, life, photography + writing, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted July 26, 2012 at 10:57 am by Carla | Permalink

Congrats! You have a beautiful blog that deserves to be among the pages of a magazine. I so understand your struggle with balance, it sounds like I need to start getting up earlier myself.

2. Posted July 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm by Crystal | Permalink

Congratulations, the feature looks just as beautiful as all your posts :)

3. Posted July 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm by Stephanie K. | Permalink

Looks beautiful! I’m having a trackpants, tea parties, rubber-boot hikes kind of day too. No reading as I’m purging all the crap I gathered from my teens till now in preparation for creating wonderful storage in our summer kitchen…but kids are happy playing with homemade slime (SO cool) and the breeze is rejuvenating my spirit. Balance comes and goes like the rain.

4. Posted July 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm by Kim | Permalink

Congratulations!! Looks like a great book. We to are enjoying last night’s rain that is still coming down. Still in jammies, father and son are currently reading on the couch and soon popcorn will be popping for an afternoon movie. A day like this was truly needed. And I won’t be scrubbing any toilets :)

Hope you enjoy your day!

5. Posted July 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm by amanda | Permalink

nodding my head in understanding over here. as soon as i begin to feel the slightest bit confident, life reminds me i am still learning.

congrats on your feature – it looks lovely!

6. Posted July 26, 2012 at 4:34 pm by arianne | Permalink

Oh, how lovely. Of course you fit right in! Congrats.

7. Posted July 26, 2012 at 8:04 pm by Sherrie | Permalink

*Love*! Where can one find a copy?

• Posted July 30, 2012 at 12:01 pm by erin | Permalink

I think they sell them at Michael’s and Chapters…
      Thanks :)

8. Posted July 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm by Karen | Permalink

Congratulations. It looks lovely.
    You and your writings and photos look right at home.

9. Posted July 27, 2012 at 3:03 am by Johanna | Permalink

How exciting Erin! Congratulations!

10. Posted July 27, 2012 at 9:33 am by dre | Permalink

Totally well-deserved. Congratulations!

11. Posted July 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm by laura | Permalink

and just when I was wondering if you had stopped posting all together, there you were in my inbox.

welcome back Erin, I missed you.

12. Posted July 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm by Marla | Permalink

Congratulations on the feature article on your blog! I love your blog, your photos, your writings and especially your openness and honesty.

13. Posted July 28, 2012 at 12:29 pm by Monique | Permalink

Congratulations! It must be so exciting to see your own work in a real magazine! ;o)

14. Posted July 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm by mel | Permalink

oh Erin!!! This is such a well deserved feature – your works & words are such beauty – looks incredible in that layout too… way to be immortalized, hehe.

sounds like the nest is in a sweet spot right now too for your crew. happy for your happiness luv!
    xo
    mel
    needle and nest

15. Posted August 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm by Ana | Permalink

Congratulations on being published :)
    Miss your words here but sometimes we just get so busy living the day-to-day that we don’t have time to reflect, I know this all too well! <3.