a visit to the knitty gritty homestead

On a bit bit of a whim, I decided to ask one of my favourite blog sisters (who happens to live a mere 2 hours down the road) if she would be game for some maternity photos.  Many of you likely know and read all that Stephanie shares on her blog The Knitty Gritty Homestead and I assure you she is just as wonderful (if not more so) in real life.

We descended upon their house and couldn’t help but feel as though our arrival should have been accompanied by circus music.  Out poured two adults, two toddlers, one dog and one giant puppy.  Oh my.  They were so gracious and easy to spend time with.  We feasted on homemade soup, turkey and roasted vegetables.

To be honest, we spent more time chatting, laughing, and child wrangling than taking pictures, but I was able to snap a few keepers of this prettyful mama.

I came away feeling relaxed and grateful for all the special people who have made their way into our lives and hearts through the Wonderful World of Blog.

This entry was posted in celebration, feather + anchor, photography + writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted November 5, 2012 at 8:36 pm by Erica | Permalink

These are fantastic Erin!! You truly have a gift! x

• Posted November 6, 2012 at 7:52 am by erin | Permalink

Thanks so much! It means a lot.
      Perhaps someday I can do your engagement pictures if that man of yours ever coughs up a ring 😉
      Xo

2. Posted November 5, 2012 at 9:56 pm by Kim | Permalink

How lovely that you two were able to meet in real life. Sounds like you had a lovely day and your photos are beautiful.

3. Posted November 6, 2012 at 7:18 am by Stephanie K. | Permalink

The feelings were completely mutual! I blogged about it today, too! :)

4. Posted November 6, 2012 at 7:38 am by Stephanie K. | Permalink

Can I just add that I LOVE the photo on the old chair in the potting shed? The window frame and old fabric just add so much character! If you get any business up this way, the farm is on offer as a setting/backdrop, okay? You could offer photography weekends and book appointments here and get lots done over a few days! :)

• Posted November 6, 2012 at 7:48 am by erin | Permalink

Oh my goodness! That would be amazing! I was thinking of organizing spring/early summer mini sessions so maybe we could arrange something then!
      That chair was fantastic and just begging to be photographed in an open field!
      I am feeling so excited.
      Much love

• Posted November 6, 2012 at 8:30 am by Stephanie K. | Permalink

That beast of a chair would have to be hauled on the back of a truck. Wouldn’t you love an old piano in a field, too?? So evocative. I’ve been thinking about those old windows in my barn, too…exciting indeed!

5. Posted November 6, 2012 at 8:55 am by Lana | Permalink

Hi Erin- just linked to here through Steph’s blog. She is my sister and my breath has been completely stolen by this gorgeous photos. Your artistic eye and skill are obvious. It helps that your subject is one of the most beautiful women I know but really- well done. I’d love you to shoot my family some day…

• Posted November 6, 2012 at 9:19 am by erin | Permalink

Oh my. Your words mean so much.
      I would be honoured to photograph your family. Perhaps we can organize some mini sessions at Stephanie’s lovely home and backdrops…
      So happy you love the photos and thank you for taking the time to write.
      Warmly,
      Erin

6. Posted November 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm by rae | Permalink

the photos are beautiful, as always…but what i can’t get over is how the two of you look like sisters! i love that you have found such a kindred spirit, in both body AND soul :)

7. Posted November 7, 2012 at 7:45 am by Danielle | Permalink

These are stunning. I love blogs so much for this. I have made met some incredible people this way (including that beautiful woman in your photos here), and I hope that I can meet them in person one day, too. Good luck with your photography. Clearly you know what you’re doing!

8. Posted November 7, 2012 at 11:56 pm by KC | Permalink

Oh my goodness, that is one beautiful glowing pregnant mama!

Girl you have really taken to this portrait thing. I am so happy for you! If only I didn’t live 2000 miles away I’d hire you!

• Posted November 8, 2012 at 10:07 am by erin | Permalink

Isn’t she though?!
      Thanks too for the vote of confidence! Now if I could just appeal to the locals like that 😉
      E.