bullets

• We had our first appointment with the new midwives .  I will be having a third c-section, but prefer midwifery care for my pregnancies.  It makes me feel a lot more in control and relaxed.  Seriously, everyone should go to a midwife regardless of what kind of birth you plan on having.  They are great.  When I came out of the office, Poppy lifted my shirt and asked where the baby was.

• I feel miserable.  The all day nausea has arrived two weeks earlier than anticipated.

• Poppy put her head on my belly and I asked if she could hear the baby in there. She looked concerned and said “I don’t hear him (she is 50/50 on the boy girl thing, alternates frequently) I think he ran to the store to get bananas.”  Also, I feel as though I could sleep until May.

• I heard somewhere that siblings are usually right about the sex of an unborn baby so we ask them frequently.  They go back and forth often and just yesterday Silas informed me there was a boy and a girl in my belly.  Funny kid.

• Seriously, will someone please give this girl a hot dog.  Or a foot long tuna sub.  That’s what dreams are made of right now.

• This already feels endless.
  • The End
This entry was posted in 365 photo project, 52 portraits, family, life, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:22 pm by Cristina | Permalink

I know a little bit about how you’re feeling- my third pregnancy was the worst. I never liked being pregnant, but the last was the toughest. My second was only 4 or 5 months old. Nausea, low energy, poor sleep while taking care of two other little ones = not fun.
    At least you know it’s temporary. Now I’m done and kind of glad I got it all over with in a short time. Good luck!

2. Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:41 pm by Miet | Permalink

Totally agree with you about midwifery care!

Take care!

3. Posted February 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm by meghan | Permalink

I agree, hurray for midwives. My favorite part is how they come to your house after the birth, so much nicer than bundling up 1-3 children and hauling them to the office for all those post birth checkups & weigh-ins!

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

4. Posted February 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm by Joan | Permalink

Hey there, I didn’t read the comments about food for nausea but I wanted to recommend crystallized ginger, ginger beer or sour patch kids. I pretty much lived on those for a couple of weeks. I was also sick all day every day for about 3 months straight when pregnant. Hang in there girl! Don’t know if it will make you feel any better but I’m trying to get pregnant and am a little jealous of you all (it seems like every day some one new is announcing they’re PREGNANT!).

Also: love the artwork in the midwives’ office! and midwifery rocks!! I totally agree that everyone should experience the midwifery type of care during pregnancy, no matter what kind of birth they are planning! :) Keep smiling!

5. Posted February 6, 2013 at 6:44 pm by Kim | Permalink

I agree with you on midwifery care.

Sorry you are feeling so awful, not fun at all. I do hope it subsides soon.

6. Posted February 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm by Greer | Permalink

Nausea two weeks early! Silas says boy AND girl? Are you sure there’s only one in there? xx

7. Posted February 7, 2013 at 8:43 am by Misty Pratt | Permalink

When I was sick during my last pregnancy, I honestly felt like some days it would never end. I thought I would always be puking!! But lo and behold, it DID end, and then pregnancy became bearable. Hang in there!!

8. Posted February 7, 2013 at 10:21 am by Emily | Permalink

Hang in there! I too had a midwife, and LOVED the experience (I live in Tennessee). I always felt in charge of my body and my experience, and they were there to assist…..I was the expert on myself and they would take care of the rest.
    I have so enjoyed reading your posts–I’m always glad to see a new one in my inbox–they feel like a warm cup of coffee. :) Take care and have a great hot dog!

9. Posted February 8, 2013 at 11:30 am by Danielle | Permalink

Nausea sucks. Sleep is awesome. Hope this part goes as smoothly as possible, and that you have some extra help for some extra naps. Happy belly-growing.

That B&W photo of your children above? It’s killing me.

10. Posted February 8, 2013 at 6:58 pm by Carrie | Permalink

Sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable….I really do feel for you! Fingers crossed the nausea will pass quickly!!

11. Posted March 5, 2013 at 10:29 pm by melanie | Permalink

In Alberta we don’t really have the option to have a midwife just for the prenatal care but I think that is an excellent way to go. I’m currently recovering from c-section #3 and I have to say that even with two small children and a newborn it is the easiest recovery so far – I think that’s because I know what’s going on this time. Hang in there mama!

12. Posted April 4, 2013 at 1:53 pm by Krystal | Permalink

Hi! I stumbled across your blog, checking out the farms on helpx.net. Just wanted to say that I have also had 3 c-sections, with the help of midwives, and I also had..well…a miserable third pregnancy, It was worth every second though. The absolute joy our third baby brought us is amazing. I would be *that* sick again in a heartbeat! I wish I had known the joy to come when I was so so sick.
    Hang in there! 3rd babies are such blessings!!
    (I am close to you- Bancroft! If you find you need extra hands, my family is happy to help! )
    Peace!!