earth’s best sundays + weekending

We had a good full weekend.

We took the kids to see How To Train Your Dragon 2.
We all loved it.
We came home Friday evening to find that our 5 chickens had ALL been taken during the day by some mysterious predator.
I always feel like we failed them when one gets taken, but this was a heart breaking loss.
The silver lining is that we MAY take a family road trip to Mike’s homeland of Newfoundland in late summer since we don’t have to worry about someone coming to care for the chickens daily.
We may even drop in to see Anne of Green Gables along the way!
We shall see.

On Saturday we celebrated 7 years of marriage by making the drive to Cobourg for their BuskerFest.
It was a bit of a bust, but the Beavertails and beautiful sandy beach more than made up for it.
We also got 10 minutes to wander quietly and aimlessly around Chapters while Gramma and Papa wrangled the kids.
It was glorious.

It has become a bit of a Father’s Day tradition to go to the Farm for the day.
We tasted the first sun warmed berries of the year.
The kids “helped” Nana transplant the peppers and tomatoes.
(We decided to skip putting our garden again this year…for a few reasons.)
The two dads worked at cleaning seed with a 100 year old fanning machine.

Like I said, it was a good one.
What were your weekend highlights?

This entry was posted in celebration, earth's best sundays, ellenberger organic farm, family, homeschooling, homesteading, life, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted June 16, 2014 at 3:09 pm by Sherri | Permalink

As a fan of your blog, I am so happy that you are posting more regularly again. I love your honest reflections on parenting and life. We live on PEI so, if you do decide to stop and visit Anne, please feel welcome to connect with any questions re: must sees, etc. PEI in the Summer is a wonderful place to be for families!

• Posted June 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm by erin | Permalink

I would love some insider tips for sure! Thanks so much for the offer :)
      I fear I may not want to come back home if I go…

2. Posted June 16, 2014 at 3:33 pm by Sherri | Permalink

The beauty of the Island has been known to convince people to stay! 😉 Send me a message as your travel time gets closer, and we can chat about fun options!

3. Posted June 16, 2014 at 7:14 pm by Diane | Permalink

Happy anniversary!! ❤️

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love your dress (skirt?) in the second photo!

4. Posted June 17, 2014 at 6:42 am by Life With The Crew | Permalink

So sorry to hear about your chickens. I know how upsetting it is – they seem like such helpless ‘sitting ducks’ compared to those wily predators. Your farm pictures are beautiful. PEI is really pretty – we made the drive several years ago, all the way from Pennsylvania!

5. Posted June 17, 2014 at 12:22 pm by susan | Permalink

so nice to see you back here in your space :)

6. Posted June 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm by Heather | Permalink

Such gorgeous photos! Perfect captures of summer.