back at it

I am back.

What’s new, you ask?

Well, let me see….

Our little cabin is for sale.

We’re moving to a run down, but lovable farmhouse just a hop, skip and a jump away from my dad and step mom’s farm.

More on that later, I promise.

I made the leap and deleted 340+ friends on Facebook in an act of self preservation and in hopes of getting back to a place of creativity and productivity.

I will still be posting often on

the Feather + Anchor page

Instagram

And I can’t see myself ever leaving Pinterest 😉

I am sure there will be more on all of that later too.

I picked up my crochet hook again and taught myself some new moves.

I made a slouchy hat and had so many requests to make them for others that I decided to make and sell a few to do just that.

It feels so good to make pretty things again.

So good that I decided to unearth some beads and challenge myself to more making and story telling.

I will be tucking a pair of the sweetly simple Story Girl Earrings with the first 10 hat orders.

Each pair comes with a little story inspired by the woman who may wear them or the jewels themselves.

I have mentioned before that if I don’t carve out time to make pretty things, I will surely burst.

It feels good to be back.

Tell me what you’ve been up to.

This feels right.

Pin It
This entry was posted in craft, life, our cabin, photography + writing, Uncategorized, wellness and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted January 7, 2015 at 4:52 pm by KC | Permalink

We bought a house. I built a 200 sq foot garden and we are awaiting to arrival of 8 fruit trees to make a mini orchard! Really great things are happening here. :) I’m so glad to see you’ve found a happy place!

2. Posted January 8, 2015 at 8:50 am by Krystal | Permalink

It’s been a good winter so far! I love your Instagram :)
    I have been on a knitting frenzy.
    I hope you have found your social networking balance ♥

3. Posted January 8, 2015 at 1:48 pm by stephinie | Permalink

I *want* those autumn sun earrings!!! How do I buy them??

4. Posted January 8, 2015 at 4:29 pm by Amberlea | Permalink

Want. Hat. Need. Hat. Will email you deets. xo

5. Posted January 9, 2015 at 12:19 pm by Melanie | Permalink

Oh my. I may just have to buy one of those hats. And the boot cuffs. But which colour??
    I can’t wait to hear more about the new farm — your present house is so pretty but it will be fun to see what you can do with a new space.

• Posted January 14, 2015 at 8:45 am by erin | Permalink

I am still trying to figure out the best shipping methods as Canada Post is expensive.
      Just let me know if you’d like to place an order and we will figure something out :)

6. Posted January 15, 2015 at 6:33 pm by Karen Wirth | Permalink

I was really surprised to see the for sale sign on your place when I was by a couple of weeks ago!
    We won’t be making any more drives that way either as daughter has now moved up here to the Ottawa Valley with us. I’ll sure miss that lovely drive.

7. Posted January 18, 2015 at 10:42 am by Annette | Permalink

YAY, she’s back! I love that you’re making pretty things again, including blog posts!!!! Those boot cuffs are the sh-t. And I really feel so happy for you that you’re moving closer to your parents.
    I wanted to know if you knew about this lovely little slice of heaven in magazine form-

Sending you and yours lots of love and hugs from NYC!

• Posted January 19, 2015 at 3:51 pm by erin | Permalink

Oh, I miss you so so much.
      Yes, Kinfolk is too lovely for words.
      Love, Light, and Hugs from the cabin.
      xo

• Posted January 25, 2015 at 9:52 am by Annette | Permalink

I wanted to write this in a private email but since my life is all devoid of social media anymore, I don’t know how! Sorry to hijack your comments. :)

It’s funny- now that I’ve looked at Kinfolk more, I have more feels about it. I love that it celebrates the slow, quiet life and human connection and I appreciate how visually stunning and technically well executed it is… but it feels a bit twee in ways and like it’s heavy-handedly pedaling the super privileged lifestyle of skinny, beautiful, cliché hipsters with lots of disposable income. I can appreciate the art of it but I much prefer the absolute beauty, soul, creativity and ingenuity of real lives like yours. You create your own beauty without all the fancy accoutrements, money and access that the kinfolk have. Authenticity always wins and I love how much you rock and that your online presence can easily stand up to theirs.

And I srsly might need some of those boot cuffs in mustard… lemme see with my next paycheck…

• Posted January 25, 2015 at 11:42 am by erin | Permalink

Ha! That is exactly how I feel about kinfolk. Inspired by the beauty, not so much by the elite douchery ;).
        If you’d prefer to email, I believe there is a link in the upper right of the blog page.
        You’re wonderful.

8. Posted January 18, 2015 at 11:49 am by Danielle G | Permalink

how do i order?

9. Posted January 18, 2015 at 12:01 pm by Danielle G | Permalink

PS: i wish you blogged more. you write beautifully and so refreshingly honestly. i am so burnt out on all the other “natural mothering” blogs out there — have been for about 3 years now. i’m sure they are all wonderful people, but REAL people, REAL people is where it’s at. Real people are my tribe.

• Posted January 19, 2015 at 3:49 pm by erin | Permalink

Thanks for this!
      I am always surprised at the response I get to the real, honest posts.
      I am totally over those blogs too. Nice, but I find it hard to relate to those who can keep it all buckled down all the time.

10. Posted February 1, 2015 at 8:32 pm by Dee | Permalink

Welcome back! You have been missed.