- You’ve started to take it upon yourself to pick out your clothes for the day and proudly prancing downstairs to show us your choice of attire. It is often on backwards, but the colours almost always coordinate.
- You are going through a rather new phase as you become more a girl than a baby. You put your hands on your hips a lot and are trying your hand at defiance.
- You continue to adore Clementine and get lots of smiles out of her.
- You continue to love painting and were inspired to paint some flowers. We picked a flower book off the shelf and you spent most of an afternoon painting flowers.
- You are quite enamored with your friends M and N. You draw pictures of them and told me they are your sisters. It’s lovely to watch you form bonds.
- One morning you informed me that “Princesseses are so brave, and soo strong (said while flexing), and sooooo smart!”
- You spent the better part of two days decorating a cardboard box with yogurt labels, glitter, glue, paper bits, twine, tennis balls, spoons, lids, and other random bits. Then your dolls moved in and had a party.
- When I put makeup on the other day, you exclaimed that I looked like a Bratz Doll. Oh boy.
- The other morning while Silas melted down, you donned my sunglasses, laid down on my yoga mat in a bean of sun with your arms folded behind your head and legs crossed while saying “Awwwwww, what a beeeeeautiful day!”. Even though you’re more defiant than usual, you are still pretty easy going.
- One of the most exciting developments is that you peed on the toilet for the first time on March 10th! Since then you have been potty training and wearing big boy undies. You have had two full days (going on three?!) with no accidents, consistently wake up dry, and tell us when you need to go. We are all thrilled.
- In the past few days, you’ve started showing interest in drawing things like treasure maps, lions, dinosaurs and even some letters!
- Silas is already planning for his 4th birthday party…in September.
Me: Who do you want to invite to your birthday party?
Silas: The boys.
Me: Why not the girls?
Silas: Because they will ruin my party and eat all my cake.
- Silas just woke up from a late afternoon nap. When I asked if he had a good sleep he nodded and said:
“I had a dream about a super hero who saved a guinea pig and took him back with his mudder and daddy.”
Then his tone changed to sadness “…and then I had a dream that I had no home and no daddy”
I asked if that made him sad and he brightened, looked around, and gestured all around him “But this is mine home and daddy will be home soon.”
- You make all sorts of
demandsrequests for costumes, and things. Roll the paper up like a map, build me a ship/car/truck/tiger/etc, make me a doggy’s tail, make me a mermaid tale, etc. Most often it is ALL WRONG. We’re working on the “I can’ts”.
- The other morning we had the 90′s station playing on Songza and you broke into spontaneous dance and air guitar. You always make us laugh.
- You don’t often play with actual toys. If I am ever missing a slotted spoon or spatula, I ask you first regarding its whereabouts…in fact, as I write this I can hear you clanging about in the kitchen making a robot face out of lids and butter knives…oh wait, now you’ve donned your pith helmet and are digging dinosaur bones with a ladle and spatula.
- You’ve been sitting up on your own.
- You continue to smile easily, but this week you have been hollering wildly until you’re in someone’s arms.
- Our days have been demanding, but you’ve been waking less in the nights.
- You are wearing 6-12 month clothes.
- You tend to like your food with flavour such as cinnamon or thyme.
- You love mushed brown beans.
- Your hair continues to grow wilder by the day.
- You are Daddy’s biggest fan when it comes to his ukulele playing. You often cry when he stops playing.
- I’ve cleaned off the desk by the wood stove to make space for the sewing machine and have high hopes of sewing a few of these pinafore dresses for me, as well as a couple reversible pinafores for the girls. Like I said, high hopes.
- Brainstorming ideas for article submissions.
- Dreaming of a small addition to our small porch with a screened in area so we can sit outside in bug season.
- Wondering when Old Man Winter will loosen his grip. We are still buried in at least three to four feet of snow.
- Wondering if I should even be posting this stuff on my blog.
- Thinking a lot about breaking up with all the stuff and and finding balance in the online world.
- Project333 seems like the perfect place to start.
- I find myself fantasizing about calling 1-800-GOT-JUNK people and starting fresh.
- Finding great comfort and clarity in Buddhist/Zen philosophy when it comes to daily work and the “point of pointlessness”.
- Looking forward to doing more cooking with the kids each day/week.
- I am compiling a playlist for jogging.
- As the saying goes, “I was uncool before uncool was cool”, but I love me some catchy dance music. This will be on said jogging list.
- We’ve been making smoothies full of spinach and chia seeds and the kids gobble them up. It helps me stay calm when they refuse to eat veggies at meal time.
go gently + be wonderful